NEVER done before Aerial Feats in Collaboration with REDBULL MALDIVES
Male, 21st of August 2023: Embracing a maverick path in and striving to be the most revolutionary product to grace the Maldives tourism industry, Siyam World Maldives, aims to redefine luxury and adventure by offering unparalleled experiences and pioneering concepts never seen before in this paradise archipelago. To solidify its commitment to pushing boundaries, Siyam World has joined forces with Redbull Maldives, collaborating to showcase the world champions of Paragliding, Rafael Goberna and Horacio Llorens, as they performed awe-inspiring stunts with Paramotors from July 31st to August 3rd 2023. This dynamic partnership promises to elevate aerial spectacles to thrilling new heights, enticing adventure enthusiasts and luxury travellers alike. Siyam World’s esteemed guests were treated to an exhilarating spectacle as they witnessed the world’s finest paragliders in captivating action, right before their very eyes.
Rafael Goberna, the esteemed world champion of synchronized paragliding, and Horacio Llorens, a remarkable five-time world champion of Paragliding, captivated the audience with an awe-inspiring display of skill and daring. Their extraordinary performance included breath-taking stunts, such as synchronously landing on top of two moving Maldivian traditional Dhonis and executing unparalleled aerobatics while soaring over Siyam World. Witnessing these unparalleled feats left the spectators in awe, mesmerized by the sheer mastery of these world-class paragliders.
Rafael Goberna is a world champion of synchronized paragliding and is the current Acro Synchro World Champion from Brazil. Rafael became the youngest paragliding pilot from Brazil and one of the youngest in the world and earned a place in the Guinness Book of World Records at just the age of 12. In December 2016, Goberna took to the skies above Iguazu Falls, one of the largest waterfalls in the world, and splashed down for a water landing at Iguazu River.
Horacio Llorens is a pioneer of aerobatic Paragliding and is a five-time world champion. In 2012, Llorens broke the infinity tumbling world record completing 568 revolutions after jumping from a helicopter at 19,700 feet (6000 meters) above the Mayan ruins in Guatemala experiencing 6G with every rotation.
The Paramotor, a remarkable motorized paraglider, serves as a powered flying device, expertly driven by a compact two-stroke engine secured to the pilot’s back. To initiate take-off, the pilot begins with a running start and subsequently engages the paramotor’s thrust by utilizing a hand-held throttle, propelling it to gain lift and gracefully take to the skies.
Siyam World, Maldives is an unapologetically quirky, all-embracing five-star all-inclusive island destination that transcends cultures and borders to offer guests an ever-expanding array of ‘never-seen-before’ experiences – from the Indian Ocean’s biggest floating water park to the Maldives’ first resort horse ranch. The natural 54-hectare island resort boasts an enticing variety of 18 accommodation categories ranging from 89 to 3,000 square metres, one to six bedrooms, from lush Pool Beach Villas, expansive Beach Suites and breath-taking Beach Residences to playful overwater Villas complete with irresistible water slides. All accommodation types overlook the pristine Maldivian waters, come with direct access to the ocean and feature generously proportioned indoor and outdoor living spaces with private pools. Forget any preconceptions of monotonous dining – Siyam World guests can enjoy more than a dozen restaurants and bars with the peerless WOW! premium all-inclusive concept that offers a tantalising selection of health, fitness and wellness activities, excursions, water sports, kids and teens activities, and way more excitement around every corner.
About Sun Siyam Resorts:
- Since opening its first resort in the Maldives (Sun Siyam Vilu Reef) in 1998, the Sun Siyam Resorts portfolio has grown to six luxury private-island properties and welcomed its most recent addition – Siyam World – in October 2021.
- The resort collection encompasses one 4-star (Sun Siyam Olhuveli) and four 5-star (Sun Siyam Iru Fushi, Sun Siyam Iru Veli, Sun Siyam Vilu Reef and Siyam World) properties in the Maldives, plus a boutique beach retreat on the east coast of Sri Lanka (Sun Siyam Pasikudah).
- Each resort showcases its idyllic location and character through a bespoke program of island-based and underwater experiences, from rotating international chef residencies to ocean adventures.
- Owned and managed by the Sun Siyam Group – a privately-owned company established in 1990 – the resorts reflect the legendary warmth of Maldivian hospitality and the Group’s visionary owner and MD, Ahmed Siyam Mohamed
- To find out more visit www.sunsiyam.com or follow the resorts on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.