- Introduce yourself and your key responsibilities at EHN:
My name is Alka Uttamchandani and I am born and raised in Dubai. Holding a Master’s degree from the University of Wollongong in marketing & Business Management, my passion lies in home healthcare services as I strongly believe in supporting those in need. With over 6 years of experience in the healthcare industry and over 10 years in a leadership role, I am committed to giving people their deserved ‘me time’ and leading teams to success in achieving their set goals.
As the General Manager at Emirates Home Nursing, my key responsibilities encompass overseeing and managing various aspects of the organization’s operations. Some of my main duties include:
- Strategic Planning: I develop and implement plans to align with the organization’s mission and goals. This involves setting objectives, defining strategies, and ensuring their successful execution.
- Operational Management: I oversee the day-to-day operations of Emirates Home Nursing, ensuring efficient and effective delivery of services.
- Team Leadership: I provide leadership and guidance to my team, fostering a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Financial Management: I am responsible for budgeting, financial planning, and cost management. This involves monitoring financial performance, identifying areas for improvement, and ensuring financial sustainability.
- Quality Assurance: I implement and maintain quality assurance measures to ensure that services provided by Emirates Home Nursing meet the highest standards.
- Client Relationship Management: I, along with my client care team, actively engage with clients and address their concerns to our best ability to ensure their satisfaction. We strive to build strong, long-term relationships with clients, maintaining open lines of communication and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Regulatory Compliance: I ensure compliance with relevant healthcare regulations, standards, and guidelines, thereby ensuring that Emirates Home Nursing operates in accordance with legal and ethical standards.
These responsibilities collectively contribute to the successful management and growth of Emirates Home Nursing, enabling us to provide high-quality healthcare services to our clients.
- What are your key services?
Established in 2010, Emirates Home Nursing (EHN) is dedicated to delivering exceptional healthcare services tailored to individual needs, all within the comfort of one’s own home. Our key services include:
- New-born & Childcare: We offer specialized care for infants and children, ensuring their well-being and nurturing their development.
- Mother care: We provide comprehensive support and care for mothers during the pre- and postnatal periods, including guidance, assistance, and essential services.
- Senior care: Our expert caregivers are trained to provide compassionate and professional care for elderly individuals, promoting their independence and enhancing their quality of life.
- Physiotherapy: We offer personalized physiotherapy services to aid in recovery, rehabilitation, and pain management, tailored to individual needs and conditions.
- Speech Therapy: Our experienced speech therapists provide evaluation and treatment for speech and language disorders, helping individuals improve their communication abilities.
- Lab screening service at home: We bring convenience to our clients by providing lab screening services right at their doorstep, ensuring timely and accurate diagnostic testing.
At EHN, we offer a wide range of additional services to cater to various healthcare needs. Our commitment to delivering premium, personalized care sets us apart, and we continually strive to exceed expectations.
- What makes EHN the go to facility for elderly nursing and maternal needs?
Emirates Home Nursing (EHN) has established itself as the go-to facility for elderly nursing and maternal needs due to several key factors:
- Expertise and Specialization: EHN has a dedicated team of highly skilled healthcare professionals who specialize in elderly nursing and maternal care. Our caregivers and nurses undergo extensive training and possess the necessary expertise to provide exceptional care in these specific areas.
- Personalized Care: We understand that each individual has unique needs and requirements. EHN takes a personalized approach to caregiving, tailoring our services to meet the specific needs of elderly individuals and mothers. This ensures that every client receives the highest level of care and attention.
- Convenience of Home Care: EHN recognizes the comfort and familiarity that being at home provides. By offering our services in the client’s own home, we eliminate the stress and inconvenience of travel, allowing elderly individuals and mothers to receive care in a comfortable and familiar environment.
- Comprehensive Services: EHN offers a wide range of services to address the comprehensive needs of elderly individuals and mothers. Whether it’s providing assistance with daily activities, specialized medical care, or emotional support, we strive to fulfill all aspects of their care requirements.
- Quality and Safety: EHN upholds the highest standards of quality and safety in our caregiving practices. We adhere to strict protocols, follow best practices, and ensure compliance with relevant healthcare regulations. Our commitment to quality care and safety is paramount in establishing trust and reliability among our clients.
- Compassionate and Empathetic Approach: We believe in treating our clients with compassion, respect, and empathy. We understand the unique challenges and emotions associated with elderly nursing and maternal needs, and our caregivers and nurses provide support with a caring and understanding approach.
These factors collectively position EHN as the go-to facility for elderly nursing and maternal needs, providing exceptional care, convenience, and a personalized approach that sets us apart from others in the industry.Top of Form
- Please share some tips for elderly nursing and maternal nursing.
These are tips for elderly nursing and maternal nursing from the perspective of EHN:
For Elderly Nursing:
- Promote Safety: Ensure a safe environment by removing potential hazards, installing grab bars or handrails, and maintaining clear pathways.
- Medication Management: Keep track of medication schedules, dosage, and any potential side effects. Set up a system to organize and dispense medications properly.
- Encourage Physical Activity: Encourage regular exercise and mobility to promote strength, flexibility, and overall well-being. This can include walking, gentle stretching, or engaging in appropriate physical activities.
- Provide Nutritious Meals: Ensure a balanced diet by offering nutritious meals and snacks that meet the specific dietary needs of the elderly person. Consider any dietary restrictions or health conditions.
- Social Engagement: Encourage social interaction to combat feelings of loneliness and isolation. Plan activities, outings, or connect them with community programs that promote social engagement.
For Maternal Nursing:
- Postpartum Care: Provide support and guidance to new mothers during the postpartum period. Educate them about self-care, physical recovery, and emotional well-being after childbirth.
- Breastfeeding Support: Offer assistance and guidance on proper breastfeeding techniques, positioning, and troubleshooting common challenges.
- Newborn Care: Educate new mothers on newborn care practices such as feeding, burping, diaper changing, bathing, and soothing techniques. Address common concerns and provide tips for bonding with the baby.
- Emotional Support: Recognize and address the emotional challenges that mothers may face, such as postpartum mood disorders. Encourage open communication, provide a supportive environment, and refer them to professional help when necessary.
- Guidance: Offer guidance on topics such as sleep routines, babyproofing, and establishing healthy habits to help de-stress the mother.
- Foster a Supportive Environment: Encourage a support network for new mothers, such as connecting them with local parenting groups, online communities, or postpartum support groups.
Please remember, these tips should be tailored to each individual’s specific needs and circumstances. It’s important to approach elderly nursing and maternal nursing with empathy, respect, and a person-centered approach.
- What are your plans for the coming quarters?
There are two interesting projects that we are currently investing in, which are:
- Mobile App Launch: A mobile app can provide a more convenient and accessible way for our customers to interact with us and manage their bookings from their smartphones. This can save time and eliminate the need for phone calls or in-person appointments. This will also help to gain greater customer loyalty and engagement as it would give easy access to important information about the different services, such as service offerings, pricing, and availability. This would indeed help our customers make informed decisions about the type of home healthcare service that best meets their needs.
In short, a mobile app can provide our customers with a convenient and efficient way to manage their home healthcare needs, stay informed, and communicate with their caregivers.
- Independent Learning Support Assistants (ILSA): Emirates Home Nursing recognizes the importance of investing in the Independent Learning Support Assistant (ILSA) program, which serves as a crucial support system for students with learning disabilities or special educational needs. By creating a positive learning environment, ILSAs empower students, instilling confidence in their abilities and fueling academic growth, while also inspiring them to reach their goals, hence making the educational journey more engaging and meaningful.
Overall, ILSAs help nurture students’ overall growth by delivering personalized assistance, tailored to their unique needs.
- Can you please share some use cases?
- Elderly Care and Assistance: EHN services provide specialized care and assistance for elderly individuals who prefer to receive personalized care in the comfort of their own homes. Hence, our caregivers assist with daily activities, medication management, mobility support, and emotional companionship.
- Post-Surgery Recovery: Home nursing service plays a crucial role in supporting individuals during their post-surgery recovery phase. EHN’s skilled nurses provide wound care, injection service, administer medications, monitor vital signs, and assist with rehabilitation exercises, ensuring a smooth recovery process.
- Palliative Care: EHN offers palliative care for individuals with advanced illnesses or at end-of-life stages. Our compassionate caregivers provide pain management, emotional support, and assistance with daily tasks, ensuring comfort and dignity during this sensitive time.
- Maternal and Newborn Care: EHN supports mothers and newborns during the postpartum period, providing assistance with breastfeeding, postnatal check-ups, and emotional support for new mothers.
- Rehabilitation Services: EHN extends rehabilitation services to individuals recovering from injuries, strokes, or surgeries. Our Physical and Speech therapists provide therapy sessions, exercises, and techniques to regain mobility, independence, and communication abilities.
At EHN, our services are always tailored to meet the specific needs and preferences of our clients that require care in their own homes. To sum up, excellence is what EHN provides, catering to those who truly deserve it.