The Do’s and Don’ts of pet relocation
Dubai, UAE, 27 January 2023: With the rising wave of talent relocation, pet mobility is also experiencing a surge. Pet mobility is nothing, but a niche service for long-distance relocation of pets. It includes door-to-door pickup and delivery, addressing paperwork, pet travel insurance and more. Based on the type of service opted, the facilities vary.
As per Future Market Insights’ latest industry analysis, the pet transporting service market reached US$ 522 Mn in 2022. Demand is projected to increase at a 4.5% CAGR with the market size reaching US$ 812 Mn by 2032. According to the report, the pet relocation service has witnessed a high due to high pet adoption rates. Furthermore, the increase in international travel and talent relocation has led to elevated demand for commercial animal transport.
Every relocation services provider will provide unique services for moving pets from one location to another. However, the key goal should be safe animal transportation. Afterall, you don’t want your pet to go through hassle. Hence, ensure that the pet relocation service provider you choose offers the right commuting facility, good lodging, fresh food and clean drinking water during the trip.
Here’s a quick checklist on key things to consider while opting for a pet relocation provider –
- Do ensure that the company is certified, and the staff is well trained to adapt to client’s needs.
- Do communicate efficiently with the service provider, they should be able to update you about your pet at every step of the way on their journey to their new home.
- Do understand the cost involved thoroughly. Right from import fees to vet visits, a safe travel crate, airline or ground transport fees, and quarantine fees, based on the type of service you chose the cost will vary.
- Do understand the timing involved in planning your pet’s relocation. Many pet relocation companies generally require at least 30 days’ notice to arrange your pet’s travel plans, due to the availability of flights and vaccination, health and even some quarantine requirements.
- Don’t make assumptions. Rules vary, so check with your relocation provider about animal import laws microchip requirements. This allows you to make an informed decision about your pet and to be able to prepare properly if you decide to take your animal friend with you.
- Don’t sedate your pet. Any pet that is flying should not be sedated unless it would be more detrimental to the pet than without it.
- Don’t give pets food right before moving as some pets can experience vomiting and other problems.
- Don’t mix your pet’s moving day necessities with your belongings. Keep their essentials separate to make certain that everything stays organized and it is easy to locate when when you need them.
While these are some of the many areas, you’d need to be careful about, at Writers Relocation, we take pleasure in making a seamless process for transferees and their family members, which includes pets too. Our team is well equipped to guide you through every step of the way to ensure the whole process is safe and secure.
For over 65 years, we at Writer Relocations have been a key player in the global relocation industry, providing end-to-end services in the people and asset mobility space. Every year, Writer Relocations manages over 8,000 relocations, making it one of the preferred premium mobility players. We manage relocations for employees and executives of over 3,000 global companies. Writer Relocations has presence across 8 countries with a partner network across 190 countries.