The nine winners of the 6th local edition of the Al-Futtaim Toyota Dream Car Art Contest were announced today, which saw over three hundred entries from the UAE. The UAE winners will have their works submitted to the International Dream Car Art Contest. Now in its 14th year, the International Dream Car Art Contest sees children from around the world shape the future of mobility through their youthful creativity. Since 2004, more than 6.2 million children from more than 100 countries have taken part in this initiative.
Open to participants 15 years of age and below, the contest invites children to imagine the best problem-solving car in the world, as part of a competition designed to inspire creativity in youth and encourage interest in making the world a better place. Children competed for three categories, Gold, Silver and Bronze and are divided into three age groups: 7 years old and under; 8 to 11 years old and 12 to 15 years old.
The top nine winners, a Gold, Silver and Bronze from each age bracket will receive awards and prizes and now enter the international level of the competition to compete against other entries from around the world. The criteria to judge the submitted artwork revolves around uniqueness and execution of the concept, as well as the child’s artistic ability.
Full details of winners can be found below:
Category 1 – 7 years and younger
- Gold – Yukta Suresh with the Magnetic Toyota Car that helps children to enjoy nature instead of long screen time
- Silver – Oscar Pacheco with the Covid Bus-Ter – The COVID Bus-Ter uses solar panels to purify the air infected by the COVID-19 virus and replace it with oxygen
- Bronze – Muhammad Mughal with Toyota 3 in 1 that takes CO2 from the air and changes it into O2, collects rubbish to use as fuel and shines lights on dark places
Category 2 – 8-11 years old
- Gold – Zara Mehdi with the Hospital on Wheels that can reach to remote places where either hospitals are not available or are far away
- Silver – Razia Rafique with the Underwater Car, a hydro-powered car that can travel under water and clean junk in corals
- Bronze – Adhikshita Mahesh with the Toyota Organo, a car that runs with dead leaves and produces no smoke therefore allows the planet to live in peace with no pollution
Category 3 – 12-15 years old
- Gold – Pratheeksha Sathyanarayanan with the Toyofauna Guardian that maneuvers through the forest scanning for animals to rescue from forest fires to transport to fertile habitats
- Silver – Sharon John with the Toyota Brain Car that helps people who have been negatively impacted due to the overuse of technology by internet addiction by converting negative impact into positive effect by boosting creativity and imagination
- Bronze – Tazmeen Siddiqu with the Wings of Happiness designed to spread happiness dudring the COVID-19 pandemic
About Al-Futtaim Toyota
Toyota, a Japanese automotive manufacturer founded in 1937, is the world’s market leader in sales of hybrid electric vehicles. Toyota has been exclusively distributed in the UAE by Al-Futtaim Automotive, part of Al-Futtaim Group, for over six decades, and has been leading the sustainable mobility movement since 2008.
With a large line-up of vehicles ranging from SUV, compact, sedan, coupe, MPV and LCV, as well as a wide range of Hybrid options, Al-Futtaim Toyota is setting new benchmarks for clean motoring in an effort to actively contribute to a lower carbon footprint in the UAE. 2017 saw the introduction of the zero-emission hydrogen-powered Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) Toyota Mirai, in a pilot aiming at studying the possibilities of establishing a hydrogen-based, carbon-free society.
Toyota’s line-up features several hybrid vehicles including the sporty, practical and environmentally friendly RAV4, the C-HR, an innovative compact SUV, the seven-seater Highlander which is the brands biggest HEV to date, the powerful and efficient Corolla and the sleek and sophisticated Camry.
In September 2019, after a 17-year wait, Al-Futtaim Toyota launched the new 2020 Toyota GR Supra in the UAE, much to the delight of fans and loyalists across the country. With the all-new fifth-generation model, the legendary name returned to set the roads ablaze with a comeback only fitting of the Toyota Supra story, with the 2021 version launching a year later in October 2020.
In August 2020 Al-Futtaim Toyota shook up the lifestyle pickup segment with the introduction of the all-new eighth-generation Toyota Hilux Adventure. This was the first time ever that the Hilux is available as a retail model in the UAE, meaning that it is no longer limited to dominating the commercial-use sector.
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
Al-Futtaim Automotive, one of the main five operating divisions within the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, is a conglomerate of motoring-related businesses, franchising some of the world’s most-recognized automotive brands and services.
Operating in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa and empowered by around 9,000 associates, the UAE-headquartered Group’s services span across distribution of new and used vehicles, manufacturing, leasing, and aftersales.
Ranging from passenger cars to SUVs, commercial vehicles, industrial and construction equipment as well as motorbikes and quads, Al-Futtaim Automotive Group offers an integrative customer-centric experience for motorists, fleet operators and contractors alike, and strives to become the leader in tailor-made mobility solutions.
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and health; employing more than 42,000 employees in more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, we partner with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands.
Al-Futtaim’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration, integrity; Al-Futtaim continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
473 total views, 3 views today