- THAT takes care of everything, from choosing the perfect gift to wrapping the bow on-top
- Choose from luxury brands unavailable anywhere else in the region
With Mother’s Day just around the corner on Sunday, March 21, THAT Concept Store – owned and operated by Majid Al Futtaim, the leading shopping mall, communities, retail, and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia – is taking the hassle out of gift-giving.
Shoppers looking to get in their mothers’ good graces need venture no further than the Mall of the Emirates, where the newly-opened, multi-brand concept transcends the physical reality of retail to offer a unique range of experiences and services. With dedicated personal shoppers to assist you in your hunt for the perfect gift, options for customization you know she’ll love, and even an in-store gift-wrapping station for stunning decoration, ‘THAT’ is truly the one-stop destination for Mother’s Day.
Highlighting over 150 international and regional designers, its exclusive collection is always evolving and is sure to cover all tastes and style bases. Fashion, jewelry, makeup, and home accessories are reimagined, innovative and entirely unique to ensure your mother gets the one-of-a-kind gift she deserves.
The dazzling luxury range features brands such as Azza Fahmy, Bil Arabi, Caravana, Gauge81 and By the Beach by Tala – many of which cannot be found anywhere else in the region, and all of which carve out a particular form of care and self-expression in line with THAT’s creative philosophy.
Other services available at THAT include:
- Fix THAT by Mavi Shoetique – a shoe and handbag repair spa, with footwear and bag repair specialists on-hand to amend anything from sneakers to evening clutch bags, and share their expertise to ensure customers’ shoes and bags — no matter their condition — are not just fit but enjoyable to wear.
- THAT’s Yours by Ingrave-It also offers shoppers the option of personalising any piece of clothing and accessories, while THAT CLEAN by The Natural Laundry Company provides guests access to its premium eco-friendly laundry and dry clean services. THAT’s 360-degree approach to fashion retailing is also compromised of alterations services — courtesy of Retouched by THAT — a personal shopping programme on demand —THAT At Your Service — and a click & collect offering; covering all style bases.
- Azza Fahmy shop-in-shop; the famous Egyptian design house adding even more gloss and lustre to THAT’s diverse luxury range with the brand’s twinkling selection of fist-class jewellery.
- Wrap THAT, a gift wrapping station where shoppers can personalise presents purchased for friends and loved ones — with free and paid options available.
- Art & Culture space, launching in collaboration with Ayyam Gallery: a visually stunning space dedicated to the region’s most gifted artists and creatives. The space will exhibit these creatives’ work, showcasing the beauty and sophistication of the UAE and Middle East’s thriving art scene.
- THAT will also host and collaborate with local DJs all year-round to put on a series of enthralling shows; further enlivening the concept’s one-of-a-kind guest experience.
About Majid Al Futtaim
Founded in 1992, Majid Al Futtaim is the leading shopping mall, communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
A remarkable business success story, Majid Al Futtaim started from one man’s vision to transform the face of shopping, entertainment and leisure to ‘create great moments for everyone, every day’. It has since grown into one of the United Arab Emirates’ most respected and successful businesses spanning 16 international markets, employing more than 43,000 people, and obtaining the highest credit rating (BBB) among privately-held corporates in the region.
Majid Al Futtaim owns and operates 27 shopping malls, 13 hotels and four mixed-use communities, with further developments underway in the region. The shopping malls portfolio includes Mall of the Emirates, Mall of Egypt, City Centre malls, My City Centre neighbourhood centres, and five community malls which are in joint venture with the Government of Sharjah. The Company is the exclusive franchisee for Carrefour in a number of markets across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, operating a portfolio of more than 300 outlets and an online store.
Majid Al Futtaim operates more than 500 VOX Cinemas screens and 34 Magic Planet family entertainment centres across the region, in addition to iconic leisure and entertainment facilities such as Ski Dubai, iFly Dubai, Dreamscape and Ski Egypt, among others. The Company is parent to the consumer finance company ‘Najm’, and a Fashion, Home and Specialty retail business representing international brands such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, AllSaints, lululemon athletica, Crate & Barrel, Maisons du Monde and LEGO. In addition, Majid Al Futtaim operates Enova, a facility and energy management company, through a joint venture operation with Veolia, a global leader in optimised environment resource management.