UFC® 253 pre-fight showdown at Flash Forum became the most viewed face-off of all time on Instagram with 7.6 million views
Return to Fight Island, the mega, five-event UFC series taking place on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi continues to make history, with the pre-fight UFC® 253 ADESANYA vs COSTA face-off setting new records.<img class=”aligncenter size-large wp-image-20614″ ” src=”https://www.iconiclady.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Israel-Adesanya-L-and-Paulo-Costa-face-off-before-their-fight-600×400.jpg” alt=”” width=”600″ height=”400″ style=”display:none”>
Following a hugely successful debut in July, the second instalment of UFC Fight Island™ has already made its mark as it is set to see the first time that two consecutive UFC numbered events (UFC® 253 and UFC® 254) will be held in the same city outside of Las Vegas. In addition, the face-off between headline fighters Israel Adesanya and Paulo Costa at Flash Forum before Sunday morning’s clash further made history by breaking UFC viewership records online.
- The video of Adesanya and Costa facing off is now the most shared video of all time on UFC’s Instagram account.
- It became the most viewed face-off in UFC’s Instagram history, recording more than 6 million views, 1.5 million more than the legendary face-off between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Connor McGregor in 2018.
- Footage of the face-off has become the most viewed post on UFC Asia’s Facebook page with more than 8 million views.
- It has attracted more than 26 million views across all UFC social media accounts
- The face-off video is the fifth most liked post of all time on UFC’s Instagram account
152 total views, 1 views today