- How did Casio get the idea of creating this initiative to raise funds for Emirates Red Crescent during this time of crisis? / What is the objective of this initiative?
We launched this collaboration with two objectives. The first was to keep our fans entertained, engaged and connected, during such a tough time, and the second to support those in need during the crisis.
- Can you tell me about the concept of this collection?
The limited-edition collection was inspired by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s saying, “This time shall pass”. The idea behind this edition was to showcase our solidarity in tough times and our ability to keep creating and innovating.
- How Casio support the emerging talents in the Middle East and Africa region?
With creativity at the foundation of our brand, we are always on the hunt for new initiatives and campaigns that allow us to continue our support for emerging talents, providing them with a platform to showcase their artistic skills.
- Casio is the pride of the Japanese industry, for you what make all its products attractive to millions of people…is it its design or accuracy?
At Casio, we believe in the diversity of our portfolio and community, as each brand under our umbrella has its own identity and customer base. Our unique knack for fashion, especially with our G-SHOCK range, mixed with cool technological features, are what set us apart in the market.
- Anything else you’d like to add?
The was the first initiative of its kind, in fact, a world first! The collection was a collaboration with Arab Watch Guide plus regional artists Diaa Allam, @na7tdesigns, known for his Arabic calligraphy, and digital visual artist Stephany Sanossian, known for her work with collage @stephanysanossian. The competition saw the two artists customise the strap design of the G-SHOCK live on Zoom with over 3,000 art enthusiasts voting for their favourite design in a matter of hours!
1,551 total views, 2 views today