Chernobyl, His Dark Materials and Succession win 10 awards during this year’s BAFTA Craft Awards ceremony
OSN, the region’s leading entertainment network, is excited to announce that viewers can watch three of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA TV) award-winning series Chernobyl, His Dark Materials and Succession as well as 9 other nominated series on OSN’s home services and streaming app.
Chernobyl, the drama series based on the nuclear disaster in 1986, leads the way for this year’s BAFTA TV Craft Awards after winning in 7 different categories out of 14 nominations, which include: Costume Design, Editing: Fiction, Original Music, Photography & Lighting: Fiction, Production Design, and Sound: Fiction. While His Dark Materials, the drama based on the series of novels by Philip Pullman, also scored two awards within five nominated categories: Special, Visual & Graphic Effects and Titles & Graphic Identity. Finally, Jesse Armstrong, the creator of Succession, the American satirical drama, took home Best Writer: Drama.
Rolla Karam, Interim Chief Content Officer at OSN said, ‘OSN is home to some of the world’s most popular series and movies and we’re thrilled that a selection of this content has been chosen to win prestigious BAFTA awards. OSN is committed to bringing the best in entertainment to viewers across the region, with our line-up including exclusive series and movies from the biggest studios in the world we are confident there is something for everyone to enjoy.”
The winners of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts Craft Awards were announced during the ceremony, which was broadcast online on 17th July. The ceremony was hosted by Stephen Mangan, with guest presenters Romesh Ranganathan, Rachel Parris, Jessica Knappett and Richard Ayoade.
List of awards for Chernobyl:
- Odile Dicks-Mireaux – Costume Design
- Johan Renck – Director: Fiction
- Simon Smith, Jinx Godfrey – Editing: Fiction
- Hildur Gudnadóttir – Original Music
- Jakob Ihre – Photography & Lighting: Fiction
- Luke Hull, Claire Levinson-Gendler – Production Design
- Chernobyl – Sound: Fiction
List of awards for His Dark Materials:
- Russel Dodgson – Special, Visual & Graphic Effects
- Elastic, Painting Practice – Titles & Graphic Identity
Award for Succession:
- Jesse Armstrong – Writer, Drama
The full list of BAFTA TV award-winning and nominated series available on OSN include the following:
- CHERNOBYL – seven awards
- HIS DARK MATERIALS – two awards (back in November)
- SUCCESSION – one award (back in August)
- KILLING EVE – four nominations
- GENTLEMAN JACK – two nominations (back in September)
- LOVE ISLAND – two nominations
- THE GRAHAM NORTON SHOW – two nominations
- GAME OF THRONES – two nominations
- CORONATION STREET – two nominations
- EMMERDALE – one nomination
- BEECHAM HOUSE – one nomination
- EUPHORIA – one nomination
OSN content is available to watch through an OSN subscription on television or on OSN’s streaming app. New subscribers can enjoy a free trial of the service for seven days and is available on osn.com, IOS and Android mobile apps, Apple TV, Android TV and Samsung and LG TVs.
892 total views, 1 views today