Adding 14 brands to its world-class portfolio
Dubai, UAE; July 2, 2020: Emilia-Romagna, situated in the northern part of Italy and one of the most advanced regions in Europe known for some of the most famous labels in the world, introduces 14 fashion brands in the ‘Italian fashion towards Dubai,’ a platform dedicated to SMEs allowing them to showcase their famed craftsmanship in the UAE.
The initiative – promoted by Unioncamere Emilia-Romagna, the regional association of eight Chambers of Commerce of Emilia-Romagna and co-financed by Regione Emilia-Romagna – explores the global supply chain mechanism and aims to present the Italian SMEs to operators and seek potential business partners in the Middle East.
“The Emilia-Romagna region is known for the quality of manufactured textiles, clothing, leather garments, shoes, bags, accessories and jewelry. We chose the Emirates to be our focus market for the second year of our initiative. We want to bring authentic Italian fashion and their exquisite designs to the UAE and beyond. We were due to roll out our activities on-ground in time for the Expo 2020, now scheduled in 2021. But we plan to continue by modifying our program using digital technology, without forgetting the importance to resume live promotional activities,” says Claudio Pasini, Director of Unioncamere Emilia-Romagna.
“Italian fashion towards Dubai is an important initiative aimed to approach the UAE market, being a hub in the Middle East for fashion, one of the key sectors of Emilia-Romagna. Our competitive, qualified supply chain is based on elements such as quality, advanced technology, territorial peculiarities, creative ability, besides the presence of internationally-renowned brands, as well as an academic and training system that promotes acquisition of high skills. In Italy, the Emilia-Romagna fashion system represents the third manufacturing sector by value of exports and the fifth by number of employees,” says Vincenzo Colla, Regional Councilor for Economic Development and Green Economy, Work, Training.
“Fashion is a USD100 billion industry in Italy and among the pillars of the Italian economy, which holds an outstanding excellence in foreign trade. We exported about USD 67 billion worth of textile and fashion goods in 2019. Out of which, USD 492 million were accounted to the UAE, a 3.62% increase compared to the previous year,” says Amedeo Scarpa, Italian Trade Commissioner to the UAE.
“The project is an important occasion for the supply chain because it is articulated in precise phase and allows to make critical mass – the quality of the enterprises, the variety of the production, and the capacity to present the productions on international markets are important levers in approaching this area,” says Giovanni Roncucci, Chairman of Roncucci&Partners, technical partner of the initiative.
Participating brands are as follows:
- A & A: Founded in 2015, A& A manufacture leather bags and accessories for both men and women. Working along with fashion designers and professionals to create exclusive products, and real Italian style. All steps of the manufacturing process take place in Italy, so customers can be sure they are buying a real “Made in Italy” product. The collections have a sober, elegant and timeless style. Using the finest leathers in the best Italian tanneries.
- ABSOLUTE JOY JEANS: Founded in 1987, Absolute Joy Jeans create unique denim collections for the male customer. Hand-made details and special treatments give the collections a distinctive signature and exclusive appearance.
- ARTICO & RONCARATI: Artico was born in 1979, becoming an important reality in handmade production of leather, shearling, cashmere and fur wears. Artico, is renowned for its high-quality products, highly customizable and tailored. In 2010, beside the traditional Artico collection, a new and fierce collection was born, Roncarati. Offering a line of luxury, handcrafted elegant jackets.
- ALLA: a brand of luxury lingerie and beachwear totallyMade in Italy by Italians whose purpose is to dress women. The lingerie is gentle and elegant, for a woman who wants to feel unique. This is why the designer draws and manufactures garments using only fabrics and embroideries that give the pleasure of wearing lingerie.
- GIL SANTUCCI: An Italian brand that gives pride of place to female individuality. Its collections are inspired by and designed for women who want to feel and have fun with fashion, enhancing her personality and making her feel secure in her beauty.
- La Venenta – Miamo: The social cooperative La Venenta was created by the will of The Association Comunità Santa Maria della Venenta Onlus. With the same roots as the Association and sharing its values, the social cooperative La Venenta Onlus manages residential structures, combining the dedication of resident families and the professionalism of multi-professional teams, in favor of families or single-parent families in charge of Social Services. Miamo is a non-profit label founded in 2015, its goal is to support women, mothers and children, by teaching them skills and abilities in the textile sector. Recycled materials are combined with knitwear to give life to unique hand-made pieces.
- LABAM: For over 70 years Labam are have curated high fashion Made in Italy, accessories including necklaces, earrings, bracelets and hair accessories. The high-quality standard of products enables them to work with some of the most prestigious names in the national and international fashion scene as well as producing exclusive pieces.
- LEONORI GIOIELLI: Founded in Italy in 1962, Leonori Maison creates exclusive jewels with coloured gemstones of the highest quality. Leonori is devoted to everything that provides its jewels with unmistakable style. Every jewel is entirely hand-crafted in Italy by expert goldsmith masters.
- MODAF DESIGNS: Founded in 2017, Modaf Designs is a brand dedicated to alternative, versatile and original fashion. It is renowned for its stylistic influences that unite in an absolutely appealing way, both Western style with Afro features for a unique and harmonious result. Sumptuous embroidery is lighting with authentic splendor those outfits, enhancing those feminine forms thanks to an incomparable tailoring and an unconditional love for hand craft and handmade works
- MODITALIA2: Moditalia2 was born in the early 90’s consolidated experience in the handicraft manufacturing of fashion accessories. All items are completely hand-made, with the latest collection focusing on floral corsages and bows.
- OREQUO: Luxury silk and cashmere products, such as scarves, foulards and stoles, handmade in Italy using the finest materials, for an elegant and refined style. Orequo‘s aim,through its products, is to hand down history and culture and, for Fall/Winter 2020, has created a precious collection of stoles in wool/silk blend dedicated to the greatest work of Dante Alighieri, the Divina Commedia.
- PINKO: Founded in the early 90’s, PINKO is an Italian independent fashion brand positioned in the entry to luxury segment. The collections are characterized by a unique and feminine attitude, by an original flair that stands out women’s style. PINKO speaks to women of different ages, who fully live their femininity; they are curious, have a strong personality and are passionate for fashion.
- ROSANNA PELLEGRINI: The company MP di Rosanna Pellegrini & C. sas was founded in 1963. Autumn/Winter collections are knitwear made mainly with high-quality yarns, while in the Spring/Summer collection, in addition to “real tricot”, fine fabrics of various types prevail. MP di Rosanna Pellegrini production has always been carried out with handicraft care 100% Made in Italy.
- SUZY MIX: With 25 years of experience, reliability and commitment to the Made in Italy fast fashion industry. New, freshness and constant innovation are the echoing the identity of the brand, whose creation, ranges from clothing to accessories and bijoux.
Unioncamere Emilia-Romagna is the Regional Association of the eight Chambers of Commerce of Emilia-Romagna together (Bologna, Ferrara, Modena, Parma, Piacenza, Ravenna, Romagna, Reggio Emilia and Rimini). The aim is the promotion of the region’s economic strength, in cooperation with all local policy-makers. In particular: provides institutional representation of Chambers; coordinates the activities of the Chambers also with regard to the regional internationalization; analyses and monitors the regional economy.
Italian Trade Agency (ITA)
Italian Trade Agency is the Governmental agency that supports the business development of Italian companies abroad and promotes the attraction of foreign investment in Italy. With a motivated and modern organization and a widespread network of overseas offices, ITA provides information, assistance, consulting, promotion and training to Italian small and medium-sized businesses. Using the most modern multi-channel promotion and communication tools, it acts to assert the excellence of Made in Italy in the world. The Italian Trade Agency collaborates with Italian Regions, Chambers of Commerce, Industry and Trade Associations and other public and private organizations.
Roncucci&Partners is a business consulting company, specialized in designing and implementing business internationalization projects. R&P, established in 2001 and with 35 consultants, is based in Bologna, Emilia-Romagna Region, Italy and supports Companies to define the strategies to enter new international markets and develop their business abroad. Moreover, R&P supports its clients through fund raising for financing internationalization activities.
411 total views, 1 views today