With international travel now permitted for UAE citizens and residents from 23rd June, pencil in these must-do social distancing activities for your next trip to Ireland
Dubai, UAE, July 2020 – As the UAE relaxes restrictions on international travel for its residents and citizens, many will want to start planning a summer holiday abroad. While large gatherings and many forms of physical contact are still discouraged, there is a plethora of exciting socially-responsible activities you can enjoy across the island of Ireland – either solo or with your with your closest friends or loved ones, while still adhering to social distancing rules.
Luxury picnics at Ballynahinch Castle Hotel in Connemara
Ballynahinch Castle Hotel in Connemara is offering guests a choice of a luxury picnic to take on a walk through the 700-acre estate, a cheese and wine hamper to enjoy on the grounds, or a spread laid out on a blanket in the walled garden. At AED 1,825 for two nights’ B&B and your choice of picnic, it’s the perfect romantic getaway for you and your partner.
Roadtrip across the Wild Atlantic Way
From Malin Head to Kinsale Harbour, experience the wilderness of the west coast of Ireland – the world’s longest defined coastal touring route. Whether you’re tackling the drive solo or with a friend, the Wild Atlantic Way is a thrilling journey featuring soaring cliffs and buzzing towns and cities, of hidden beaches and epic bays.
Exclusive Castle stays in Ashford and Dromoland
Two of Ireland’s luxury castle hotels, Ashford and Dromoland, have collaborated to create the ‘legendary castles’ promotion. From June 1st, you can book a combined castle stay for four nights for AED 7,470 for two persons sharing. See ashfordcastle.com or dromoland.ie.
Self-catering Experiences in County Cork
At Dunmore House in Clonakilty, County Cork, you can explore 10 beaches within 10 minutes of the hotel – including beautiful Inchydoney. Steer clear of the crowds, as food can also be delivered to your door from the in-house kitchen and organic garden. The perfect family getaway, a three or six bed house for 7 nights can be availed from AED 4,770. dunmorehousehotel.ie
Take a historical trip through Derry~Londonderry
Enjoy an insightful tour of Derry~Londonderry, and take in the vast history of this walled city. Situated where the Wild Atlantic Way meets the Causeway Coastal Route, this Walled City is thriving with cutting-edge dining experiences, an exciting cultural life and unique, colourful murals at every turn – making it the ideal outing to enjoy at your own leisure.
- Tourism Ireland is the organisation responsible for promoting the island of Ireland overseas as a leading holiday destination.
- Tourism is the island of Ireland’s largest indigenous industry; responsible for in excess of 4% of GNP in the Republic of Ireland and employing around 325,000 people across the island.
- In 2019, we welcomed almost 11.2 million overseas visitors to the island of Ireland, delivering revenue of almost €5.8 billion.
- Tourism Ireland’s international website is www.ireland.com, 29 market sites available in 11 language versions around the world, which attracted around 23+ million visitors in 2019.
- Since January 2018, Ireland is now visa-free for UAE Nationals, meaning easier travel and easier access to the island of Ireland
1,667 total views, 2 views today