- The wait is over – today’s full reveal shows fans how they can ‘level up’ their LEGO® Super Mario™ gameplay, creating exactly the LEGO universe they want their beloved character to come to life in!
- The LEGO Super Mario range will be available in the region from August 1, with the starter course priced at AED 299, as well as a variety of Expansion Sets, collectible Character Packs and Power up packs.
BILLUND, June 16, 2020: The LEGO Group today revealed the full product portfolio for its LEGO® Super Mario™ experience. Fans can expand on the LEGO Super Mario range (priced at AED 299) announced in April with a whole new range of Expansion Sets (starting at AED 99), collectible Character Packs (priced at AED 20) and Power-Up Packs (priced at AED 49).
The result of a unique partnership with Nintendo, LEGO Super Mario will reinvent the way people interact with Super Mario in the physical world. The products announced today give fans the chance to build Mario’s house, search for treasure hidden by Toad, and defeat a Koopa Troopa in the Guarded Fortress. And of course that’s not all!
The partnership was announced earlier this year, and in April the fun-packed Adventures with Mario Starter Course was revealed alongside two Expansion Sets. The Starter Course is key to unlocking the entire play, being the only set to feature the interactive LEGO® Mario™ figure that collects coins in game levels created with LEGO bricks. LEGO Super Mario brings new interactivity and gameplay to the traditional LEGO brick experience.
Also announced today are ten collectible enemy characters that are available in blind bag Character Packs, adding that extra level of excitement. Each pack will contain a buildable character and action tag to play with – it could be a Paragoomba, Fuzzy, Spiny, Buzzy Beetle, Bullet Bill, Bob-omb, Eep Cheep, Blooper, Urchin or Peepa!
Every Expansion Set and collectible Character is made to be used with the Adventures with Mario Starter Course, for an enhanced play experience. The entry point set features seven action bricks for different interactions with the LEGO Mario figure, which has LCD screens in its eyes, mouth and belly to display instant reactions to movement, color and action bricks. In May, the LEGO Group and Nintendo also announced a series of Power-Up Packs – including Cat Mario and Builder Mario – to help boost gameplay with a variety of suits for LEGO Mario that each reveal new features and powers.
“With today’s announcement, 16 LEGO Super Mario sets have been introduced and I am really looking forward to seeing how people’s play expands with these and the unique Power-Up Packs,” said Takashi Tezuka, Executive Officer and Game Producer of Nintendo Co., Ltd. “Each player’s preferences and imagination are different. By adding already owned LEGO bricks onto the Starter Course, and different LEGO Super Mario expansion sets, we hope that people can create various different Mario worlds and continue enjoying them indefinitely.”
“The reaction to LEGO Super Mario has been incredible,” said Jonathan Bennink, Digital Design Lead on LEGO Super Mario, the LEGO Group. “Super Mario is such an icon – and fans have been highly anticipating the release of the full details of the product line. Our entire range – from the Starter Course to the Power Up Packs, through to the Expansion Sets and Character Packs – have been built to bring Super Mario, his friends – and his enemies – to life. We love how creative Nintendo and LEGO fans are, and can’t wait for them to unleash their imaginations in how they interact with Super Mario in the real world.”
Fans will also love the free LEGO Super Mario app created by the LEGO Group, a supporting feature to further enhance the physical play experience. It keeps track of scores to encourage continuous rebuilding, as well as providing digital building instructions with zoom and rotate viewing tools to make building easier, suggestions of other creative ways to build and play, and a safe forum to share ideas with friends.
The full LEGO Super Mario assortment will be available across all retailers in the UAE from August 1st 2020. However, starting today, fans can pre-order the Starter Course set at LEGO Certified Stores in the UAE.
Full product list and pricing
- 71360 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Adventures with Mario Starter Course (AED 299)
- 71362 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Guarded Fortress Expansion Set (AED 99)
- 71363 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Desert Pokey Expansion Set (AED 99)
- 71364 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Whomp’s Lava Trouble Expansion Set (AED 99)
- 71365 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Piranha Plant Power Slide Expansion Set (AED 149)
- 71366 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Boomer Bill Barrage Expansion Set (AED 149)
- 71367 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Mario’s House & Yoshi Expansion Set (AED 149)
- 71368 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Toad’s Treasure Hunt Expansion Set (AED 179)
- 71369 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Bowser’s Castle Boss Battle Expansion Set (AED 249)
- 71376 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Thwomp Drop Expansion Set (AED 199)
- 71377 – LEGO® Super Mario™ King Boo and the Haunted Yard Expansion Set (AED 249)
- 71370 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Fire Mario Power-Up Pack (AED 49)
- 71371 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Propeller Mario Power-Up Pack (AED 49)
- 71372 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Cat Mario Power-Up Pack (AED 49)
- 71373 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Builder Mario Power-Up Pack (AED 49)
- 71361 – LEGO® Super Mario™ Character Packs (AED 20)
About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group’s mission is to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow through the power of play. The LEGO System in Play, with its foundation in LEGO bricks, allows children and fans to build and rebuild anything they can imagine. The LEGO Group was founded in Billund, Denmark in 1932 by Ole Kirk Kristiansen, its name derived from the two Danish words LEg GOdt, which mean “Play Well”.
Today, the LEGO Group remains a family-owned company headquartered in Billund. However, its products are now sold in more than 140 countries worldwide.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.9 billion video games and more than 766 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo,
355 total views, 2 views today