- Jaguar and Land Rover thank all those around the world involved in the fight against coronavirus
- 362 vehicles now deployed globally to support emergency response organisations during the coronavirus crisis
- Jaguar provides 15 vehicles to support the UK’s ‘Help NHS Heroes’ initiative delivering food and essentials to NHS frontline staff, carers and their families
- Jaguar Land Rover South Africa teams up with South African Red Cross and the Minnie Dlamini Foundation to deliver vital food to vulnerable people as part of the #FeedingSATogether initiative
- A further 20 vehicles have been supplied to Red Cross societies across Europe to help reach vulnerable communities
Wednesday 6, 2020, Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Jaguar and Land Rover have now deployed 362 vehicles globally to support charitable organisations and front-line workers tackling the spread of coronavirus. Most recently, a fleet of 15 Jaguars has been supplied to support the Help NHS Heroes campaign – a nationwide effort delivering vital supplies to NHS staff.
Boxes containing foodstuffs and other essential supplies can be ordered via a bespoke app before being made ready for collection at their NHS place of work. The scheme is helping thousands of frontline NHS staff and carers by providing easy access to fresh, nutritious food. The fleet of Jaguars will now allow for convenient home deliveries too.
Jason Mawer, the founder of Help NHS Heroes, said: “This fleet of Jaguars will make a huge difference in our ability to deliver essential supplies to NHS staff at a time when we have a duty to support these heroes in our communities.”
In South Africa, the Jaguar Land Rover team has partnered with the South African Red Cross and the Minnie Dlamini Foundation to deliver more than 2,400 food packs to those most vulnerable in their society – enough to last a month – as part of the Feeding South Africa Together initiative.
Jaguar Land Rover is also working closely with the UK government and has offered its research and engineering expertise, as well as digital engineering and design, printing of 3D models and prototypes, machine learning, artificial intelligence and data science support.
Jaguar Land Rover is also scaling up production of its protective face visors in a continued effort to support the fight against Coronavirus. New tooling, developed by WHS Plastics, will produce a further 14,000 visors each week for key workers across the UK.
Jaguar Land Rover engineering and community efforts globally:
• We are also focusing our efforts supporting our local communities by providing Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles to organisations such as the British Red Cross and emergency services. To date, Jaguar and Land Rover has deployed more than 362 vehicles globally to support emergency response organisations during the coronavirus crisis. Coronavirus: Jaguar and Land Rover deploy global fleet to support emergency response partners
- We are working closely with the UK government to provide our support and expertise in these unprecedented times. We have formally registered in response to the government’s call to action for business support in combating the impact of coronavirus in the UK
- Personal protective equipment has been donated to NHS trusts including wraparound safety glasses to hospitals across the UK to protect health professional on the frontline
- Jaguar Land Rover supports thousands of our employees with volunteering as part of our responsible business strategy. Where possible, we are encouraging our employees to get involved with national and local community efforts to support the vulnerable and in need, including the NHS call for volunteer responders in the UK.
About Jaguar Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover is the UK’s largest automotive manufacturer, built around two iconic British car brands. Land Rover, the world’s leading manufacturer of premium all-wheel-drive vehicles; and Jaguar, one of the world’s premier luxury sports saloon and sports car marques.
- At Jaguar Land Rover we are driven by a desire to deliver class leading vehicles, which will provide experiences our customers will love, for life. Our products are in demand around the globe. In 2019 Jaguar Land Rover sold 557,706 vehicles in 127
- We support around 260,000 people through our retailer network, suppliers and local businesses. At heart we are a British company, with two major design and engineering sites, three vehicle manufacturing facilities, an Engine Manufacturing Centre and soon to be opened Battery Assembly Centre. We also have vehicle plants in China, Brazil, India, Austria and Slovakia. We have seven technology hubs. In the UK these are based in Manchester, Warwick (NAIC) and London. Globally these are located in Shannon, Ireland, Portland, USA, Budapest, Hungary and Changshu, China.
- We have a growing portfolio of electrified products across our model range, embracing fully electric, plug-in hybrid and mild hybrid vehicles, as well as continuing to offer the latest diesel and petrol engines. All new Jaguar and Land Rover Vehicle models offer the option of electrification, giving our customers even more choice.
- Based in Dubai, Jaguar Land Rover MENA is responsible for the provision of region-wide support to 18 markets and 44 dealerships, with strategic actions planned to further strengthen the regional dealer network MENA office supports.
- Engineering Vehicle Testing Centre operates in Dubai, with a dedicated Jaguar Land Rover Training Academy that is the first of its kind in the region.
- A dedicated Jaguar Land Rover parts distribution centre is open in Jebel Ali Free Zone to service the entire region.
639 total views, 1 views today