UAE, 04 May 2020: With today marking Star Wars Day, OSN, the region’s leading entertainment network, has a whole host of ways for you to celebrate this year!
- As Yoda said, “Pass on what you have learned.” Introduce a younger sibling, family member, or friend to Star Wars! Grab some popcorn and log on to Star Wars Kids YouTube to watch Galaxy of Adventures with your favorite characters.
- Dressing up for special occasions is important, and May the 4th is no different. Wearing anything from your favorite Star Wars shirt to full-on stormtrooper gear is completely acceptable. (It’s okay to dress up your pet, too. Bounty hunter bulldogs are especially encouraged.)
- Food is an essential part of any holiday. Treat your family to a fresh batch of Millennium-Yums or BB-8 Energy Balls. Find a variety of recipes on com!
- Feel the Force with Star Wars crafts: turn wooden spoons into Star Wars Bith band spoon puppets! Learn how to make a Death Star piñata, porg nesting dolls, and more on Star Wars Kids YouTube.
- Indulge in a Star Wars marathon by enjoying the epic live-action Star Wars series The Mandalorian – new and exclusive to OSN – along with the entire Skywalker saga available to buy & keep or rent, from the OSN store. Star Wars fans can also enjoy Solo: A Star Wars Story and 3D animated series Star Wars: Resistance, both available now on the new OSN streaming platform.
Don’t forget to tweet your photos of your favourite characters to @starwars and let everyone know how you’re celebrating, using the hashtag #MayThe4thBeWithYou.
Star Wars Day, May 4th, celebrates George Lucas’ Star Wars and is a pun on the catchphrase “May the Force be with you” as “May the Fourth be with you”. What started a pun swiftly became a grassroots tradition and fully-fledged holiday each year as Star Wars fans began connecting around the world at the beginning of the internet age. Every year, Star Wars fans choose to mark the special annual celebration of the galaxy far, far away by posting Star Wars content on social media, hosting Star Wars screening parties, wearing Star Wars costumes and clothing and shopping for Star Wars merchandise.
OSN is the region’s leading entertainment business with the rights to broadcast in 17 countries across the MENA. The company is owned and operated by Panther Media Group, registered in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and has two shareholders, KIPCO and the Mawarid Group Limited.
OSN has a history of providing exceptional value for customers with its focus on exclusive and in-demand content, and innovative digital platforms for anywhere, anytime access.
OSN is the exclusive distributor of The Walt Disney Company’s new Disney+ Originals in the Middle East region, across both its box and streaming services. OSN’s strength is its unbeatable range of exclusive programming and best-in-class entertainment led by its long-term partnerships with studio majors including Disney, HBO, NBC Universal, Fox, Paramount, MGM, and Sony to name a few.
OSN is the home for premium and nowhere-else content in Arabic, English, Filipino. OSN broadcasts the latest content at the same minute as in the US, including popular series, blockbuster movies, and the best in kids and lifestyle programming. In addition, OSN also provides entertainment content for devices such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones via its online and mobile app entertainment platform, offering movies and series on the go.
OSN has been at the forefront of digital technology innovation in the Middle East introducing OSN on Demand, the region’s first VOD service.
OSN’s ambition is to deliver entertainment everywhere for everyone, which is informed by the company’s three key pillars: A customer-first approach, unrivalled exclusive content and unbeatable value.
389 total views, 1 views today