DUBAI, United Arab Emirates,(AETOSWire): A fast and lightweight telephoto zoom lens that realises new shooting possibilities with superb operability and reliability, the new AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR, is unveiled today by Nikon Middle East FZE. Even as a zoom lens, it achieves the high-resolution equivalent of a prime 300mm lens, delivering superior optical performance and quality.
Capture the action alongside the raw emotions of the athletes and the game even at a distance, from a close-up of a gymnast’s floor routine to a wider shot of volleyball players running down the court. With its focal-length coverage from 120 to 300 mm, zoom in and out for a flexible capture of a wide variety of scenes with a single lens from closeup shots to wide shots with an instant switch of the angle of view instead of changing lenses.
“The AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR is the ultimate lens for sports and event photography. In the midst of an action, you don’t want to miss the perfect shot. The lens’s maximum aperture of f/2.8 across the entire zoom range allows for the usage of higher shutter speeds so that you will be able to capture sharp images with minimal camera shake even in dimmed condition. Beautiful bokeh is also achievable across the entire zoom range with its bright maximum aperture. Some wildlife and bird photographers may also find these features very useful when photographing them in their natural habitat,” from Narendra Menon, Managing Director, Nikon Middle East FZE.
The lens is employed with the newly developed Short-wavelength Refractive (SR) lens element, a Nikon original high- and specialized-dispersion glass to achieve depiction with effectively suppressed colour bleeding and minimal chromatic aberration. To reliably support sports and wildlife photography, the lens also features a powerful vibration reduction (VR) function and superb autofocus (AF) performance equivalent to that of prime telephoto lenses. When VR [SPORT] mode is employed, it enables easy tracking of quickly and erratically moving subjects, making it ideal particularly for shooting sports scenes.
Experience superior agility and operability with this carefully designed lens that is built for professionals. Its intuitive controls such as the smooth rotation of the zoom ring, memory set button, focus function button, and its common operability with Nikon’s latest telephoto lenses, allows one to operate the lens with ease so that you are ready to photograph the fleeting moments.
AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR Primary Features
Get in on the action no matter where you are. Weighing at approximately 3250g, the lens also features the application of the fluorine coat that effectively repels dust or dirt for easy removal even if it adheres to the lens surface. For a stress-free shooting experience over extended periods in various unpredictable environments, this telephoto lens is designed with anti-dust, anti-drip and anti-fouling capabilities.
The AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR provides:
- A high reproduction ratio across the zoom range with a constant minimum focus of 2 meters and a maximum reproduction ratio of 0.16x.
- Sharp and clear images with reduced ghost and flare with the use of ARNEO Coat and Nano Crystal Coat that realises ultra-low reflectance across the entire visible light range.
- Noteworthy chromatic aberration compensation for sharp and stunning outputs thanks to the Nikon’s original SR lens technology. Highly precise chromatic aberration compensation is realised by controlling the short-wavelength light that is usually difficult to compensate. This allows lights of various specific wavelengths to be effectively collected and thus, suppresses any colour bleeding. With the SR lens element, the AF-S NIKKOR 120-300mm f/2.8E FL ED SR VR also attains a flexible optical design that enables the lens build to be more compact and lighter without compromising image quality.
- Smooth and continuous shots with its VR function that delivers reliable and steady images with an effect equivalent to a shutter speed of 4.0 stops.
- Great AF performance even for unpredictable action movements as a more accurate subject tracking based on AF detection results and improved tracking performance of moving objects are realised with an enhanced AF servo drive control and a higher-speed inversion of the AF drive.
16,624 total views, 1 views today